Major trends in the energy areas in recent years have included increased activity in renewable energy, continued re-structuring of monopoly electricity utility companies and further rolling out of liberalised electricity markets worldwide.
Ecar Ltd. is an Ireland based energy consulting and research company which provides the expertise the energy sector needs to plan and implement wholesale electricity markets, large scale deployment of renewable energy generation and emerging power system operating strategies.
The primary services offered at Ecar are:
- Project Consulting : Project consulting offers the client organisation a way to harness our specific qualities and use our expertise to solve specific problems, develop and/or implement plans, and develop specific information.
- Training : Ecar develops and delivers training courses in the energy field. Courses are designed and delivered to suit the client needs by Ecar staff who are experts in the subject matter areas.
- Research : A core principle at Ecar is continuing research in the emergent energy areas. Ecar staff are actively involved in research in the fast developing areas of large scale deployment of renewable energy generation, wholesale electricity markets and emerging power system operating strategies. As Ecar focuses on emerging areas within the energy sector our significant experience is not typically available elsewhere.
The majority of Ecar's current work is the provision of services related to supporting the integration of renewable generation into the power systems worldwide.
Current clients include:
- Government departments
- Government agencies and regulators
- Power system and electricity market operators
- Wholesale electricity market participants
- Energy consultancy companies
- Energy organizations